A big thank you to the folks at Agilepalooza for putting on a great event in our nation's capital - Washington DC. I was extremely honored to speak to this group about my book - GroupGlue.
During my session, we talked about the various types of questions you can ask and the different type of questions that may not be appropriate for your audience. Using GLUE as a methaphor, the questions break down in glue types: white, yellow, and clear.
White Glue – gets the conversation flowing
Yellow Glue – getting to the real you
Clear Glue – transparent and deep
Using these levels, I've broken up the 20 new bonus questions into the three glue levels. These are all questions not found in the book today (but don't be surprised when you see them in a future book!).
- What manual process drives you crazy at work?
- Who is your favorite villain?
- What was your favorite packaged cookie when you were a youth?
- Who in your group would you like to have at a trivia contest?
- What do you spurge on?
- Name three movies you have watched over 5 times.
- As a child, what was the biggest (or most expensive) thing you broke in the house?
- If you were in the market for a new car, which one would be your first choice?
- What musical instrument can you actually play?
- Could you drive in a car with sign posted on the back with how many accidents you have been in, but you get car insurance for half price?
- If you stop at a gas station to pick up a snack, what are you most likely to get?
- What exercise equipment did you purchase, but it now it collects dust as it is never used?
- What book would you recommend this group to read and why?
- What one word will be your focus for this upcoming new year?
- What has someone said to you (career wise) that made a big impression?
- What documentary movie has made an impact on your daily life?
- What gives you joy?
- Have you ever been a part of a self-help group?
- What are you chasing?
- What type of bullying was done to you in school that still stirs some emotion?
Don't like the questions above? Good news is there are over 1000 questions available in my new book called GroupGlue. In the month of December, I have dropped the ebook price from $7.99 down to $0.99 on Amazon.com. That comes out to 10 questions for a penny! Hurry now before all of the ebooks sell out (ok...they will not sell out...but you should get the book now!)